THE JAKARTA GLOBE COMMENT POLICY
You are solely responsible for your own comments, the consequences of posting those comments, and the consequences of any reliance by you on the comments of others.
The Jakarta Globe encourages comments that are lively, creative, opinionated and forceful but we ask that our community of readers avoid the following:
1. Profane, vulgar, obscene language
2. Ethnic, religious, gender and/or racial slurs and other discriminatory statements
3. Language that is likely to deeply offend or insult another person such as personal attacks, insults, threats and name-calling
4. Trolling, flaming and spamming
5. Copyrighted material, advertisements, promotional material
6. Comments that are off-topic or appear to be an effort to derail conversation
In addition, comments that are known to be false, misleading or libelous will not be allowed.
By submitting your comment, you hereby give Jakarta Globe the right, but not the obligation, to post, air, edit, exhibit, telecast, cablecast, webcast, re-use, publish, reproduce, use, license, print, distribute or otherwise use your comment(s) and accompanying personal identifying and other information you provide via all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity.
We moderate the comments on the Jakarta Globe Web site and reserve the right to remove or not post comments that violate our standards.